“We are one of the few companies that are buy American, Made in America.”
- Max Harris, Corporate Vice President
HE&M Saw is known for quality and durability with saw machines lasting decades in the field. We continue to lead the industry in new saw technology by setting the standard with more patented innovations than any other band saw manufacturer in the world. We proudly manufacture a variety of band saws for many different cutting applications. HE&M Saw manufactures automatic material handing tables and other customized time-saving features which are available at customer request as options.
Innovation has been tied to HE&M Saw since its founding in 1964 by Gerald Harris in his garage in Livermore, California. Harris had worked his way through engineering school and tool instrument training, gaining knowledge of various types of machinery during the post-World War II industrial boom. Due to the growth of the company Harris decided to move to Pryor, Oklahoma in 1976 where we have continued to advance and flourish. HE&M Saw currently uses more than 250,000 square feet in our facilities.
“When you take pride in the company you work for, you take pride in the product you build.”
- Gerald Harris, Founder
In 2003 Doug Harris took over as President of HE&M Saw and in 2005 he became CEO as well. Doug is continually upgrading to the latest manufacturing methods and technology to advance HE&M Saw’s position in this competitive market. Here at HE&M Saw, we are vertically integrated meaning we manufacture and fabricate many of our parts. There are HE&M Saw machines in operation all over the world, where we are the name in excellence and durability. HE&M Saw continues to expand, now making more than 70 different models of band saws for the metalworking industry that range from vertical, horizontal, double column, to plate saws with capacity sizes from 12” x 12” to 80” x 80” as well as providing service and custom engineering to ensure the quality and longevity of our machines.
“Made in America matters because we are not just building band saws, we are building communities.”
- Doug Harris, President and CEO
Charity and Community Involvement
One of the cornerstones to the HE&M philosophy is giving back. We work with a variety of—both local and national— foundations, community programs, and charities to realize this objective.
Foundations And Charities
- Workshop for Warriors - an education program for veterans, transitioning service members, and other students to be successfully trained and placed in their chosen advanced manufacturing career field.
- National Child Safety Council - the oldest and largest organization dedicated to the safety of children in the U.S.
- National Fire Safety - Family owned fire safety organization ensuring the health and safety of fire systems.
- RSU Foundation - an organization dedicated to supporting the educational mission of the university.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation - a foundation dedicated to creating life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
- F.I.R.S.T. - For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology.
- North Star Church: The Storehouse - helps provide food for disadvantaged families in Pryor and surrounding communities, including serving shut-ins and school children (backpack program).
- American Parkinson Disease Association - the largest grassroots network dedicated to the fight against Parkinson’s disease.
Community Involvement Programs
- Pryor Library - the local library aids the community through literacy programs and research help.
- Mayes County Hope - aims to improve the lifestyle of each community within Mayes County by establishing initiatives directly related to the needs of each community.
- U.S. Chamber - world’s largest business organization representing companies of all sizes across the American economy.
- Mid-America Industrial Park - sit on several boards for the Park.
- Oklahoma Manufacturers Alliance - the primary resource, advocate, and voice for manufacturing in Oklahoma. We are on several boards within this organization.
- CNC Education - an education program aimed at the next generation of CNC machine operators through NTC, Mayes County School District, and ~Rogers County School District~.
- First Pryority Bank - Advisory Board Member. Local bank that specializes in small business loans and encourages growth within the community.
Request A Quote
Interested in pricing? Get in touch with a sales representative by submitting the Quote Request form.