CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPENINGS AT HE&M SAW
Position Title: Industrial Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Purpose of Position: The Industrial Engineer; designs, develops, test, and evaluates integrated systems for managing industrial production processes, including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Coordinate and implement quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs.
- Design new equipment or materials or recommend revision to methods of operation, material handling, equipment layout, or other changes to increase production or improve standards.
- Test selected products at specified stages in the production process for performance characteristics or adherence to specifications.
- Compile and evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
- Study time, motion, methods, or speed involved in maintenance, production, or other operations to establish standard production rate or improve efficiency.
- Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas for management or engineering staff.
- Plan the flow of work or materials to maximize efficiency.
- Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Modify equipment or processes to improve resource or cost efficiency.
- Oversee or inspect production processes.
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Industrial Engineer.
- Experience in the creating technical documentation in a regulated environment is highly preferred
- Strong teamwork skills with a results oriented commitment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to stand, walk and climb to inspect equipment.
- Use of calipers and micrometers as needed
- Proficient using CAD, AutoCAD, and SOLIDWORKS software
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Information Gathering – Ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information.
- Planning and Organizing – Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines resources requirements; determines necessary sequences of activities needed to achieve goals.
Position Title: Production Control Expeditor
Department: Production Control
Reports to: Production Control Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Purpose of Position: The Production Control Expeditor is responsible to coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to the production schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use computer system to track shortages and research which parts are on the production floor.
- Track material movement throughout the day, ensuring delivery between internal productions departments are made in a timely fashion.
- Monitor the progress of parts on the shortage report and relay the results to the Production Control Planner to update the Master Schedule.
- Assist in department special projects.
- Communicate with the Master Scheduler to ensure work orders are submitted in a timely manner
- Interact with Assembly personnel to ensure production needs are met
- Communicate with engineering about assembly and/or parts issues
- Expedite parts and material between facilities using company provided vehicle
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a Warehouse or Expeditor position.
- Basic knowledge of using Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience with purchasing, expediting, and MRP/ERP systems would be helpful.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to read engineering prints/drawings
- Ability to exercise good judgement and accept personal responsibility.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Applied Learning – Able to learn and properly apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Communication – Demonstrates good written, oral, and listening skills.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings – Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving – Compares data, information, and input from a variety of sources to draw conclusions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Position Title: Regional Sales Manager – West Coast
Reports to: VP of Sales
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
HE&M Inc., an international leader in metal cutting technology, is currently seeking a motivated individual for a Regional Sales Manager to represent our company on the West Coast.
Purpose of Position: The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for growing and developing business at all target accounts and prospects in a given geographic territory. The Regional Sales Manager resides and works in the territory and executes an annual sales plan they created to achieve corporate sales and product goals for their given territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains client relationships with regional and national accounts to ultimately drive revenue growth.
- Manage distributor business to grow and develop sales in the given territory.
- Work to be a team player with other Regional Sales Managers throughout the country.
- Report sales and distribution results in a given territory such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Develop and secure new accounts throughout the region including new distribution.
- Manage and grow sales within existing accounts in a given territory.
- Focuses on customer’s satisfaction, knows the customer’s business and workflows, develops proper contact network within accounts.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service by investigating problems; developing solutions with manufacturing; preparing reports; and making recommendations to management.
- Confer with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advise customers on types of equipment to purchase.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Visit franchised dealers to stimulate interest in establishment or expansion of leasing programs.
Skills: Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Results Driven, Negotiations, Performance Management, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Building Relationships, Motivation for Sales
- H.S. Diploma or GED is required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of successful outside sales/marketing experience
- Previous management experience in developing and supervising a sales and service organization is preferred
- Proficient knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite
Job Type: Full-time
Position Title: Mechanical Assembler
Reports to: Assembly Supervisor
Purpose of Position: Produces components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprints specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Performs any combination of following tasks to assemble metal components, subassemblies, products, or systems: Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Assembles fabricated parts to relatively large or heavy subassemblies and complete units.
- Reads and interprets blue prints / drawings as needed. Tests and calibrates parts mechanisms to meet tolerances and product specifications.
- Uses hand tools, power tools, welder and machines that attach, bolt, press, drill, hammer, etc. to achieve specified dimensional characteristics.
- Performs on-line “go”, “no-go” testing and inspection, using measuring instruments, and test equipment, to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Other duties may be assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all duties satisfactorily.
- The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability needed to perform the needed tasks.
- High School Diploma or GED, two (2) years of experience as a mechanic.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints \ drawings.
- Certificates of training in blue print reading and welding preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Heavy industrial work. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception, Color Vision and Ability to adjust focus.
Field Service Technicians
Southeast United States: GA, MS, AL, FL, SC, TN
North United States: OH, IN, IL, WV
Purpose of Position: To support the operation of metal cutting bandsaws at customer plants.
- Service customers by providing on site preventive maintenance, equipment upgrades, warranty and general service calls.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance routines on customer’s equipment. Including disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required.
- Troubleshoot operational issues; adjusting, aligning and calibrating to standards.
- Utilize schematics, diagrams and technical manuals to restore operation
- Provide quality installation of new bandsaws and train customers in their operation
- Effectively communicate with sales, tech support, service manager and service coordinator
- Develop relationships with customers by effectively communicating, scheduling calls and exceeding their expectations
- Perform required administrative duties: maintain records, documentation and effectively plan work
- Experience in mechanical processes, hydraulics, and pneumatics with industrial machinery maintenance and repair.
- Ability to work out of your home.
- Ability to travel extensively
- PLC diagnostic troubleshooting experience helpful
- Factory training will be provided
Engineering internships are available as business conditions allow
For employment information, please contact
our Human Resources Manager