CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPENINGS AT HE&M SAW
Position Title: Purchasing Manager
Reports to: President
Supervisory Responsibilities: Incumbent supervises all personnel assigned to the department
Purpose of Position: The Purchasing Manager is responsible for administration of all purchasing activities, both directly and indirectly, through consistent application of standard procedures, knowledge, experience, and decisive judgement. Obtain materials and services from suppliers and vendors at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Manage purchasing staff for the purpose of ensuring work assignments are completed every day and within company policies.
• Works with purchasing staff to ensure requisitions are reviewed and analyzed before processing purchase orders.
• Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
• Locate vendors of materials, equipment, or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
• Manage and monitor import trade of materials and products.
• Maintain accurate records of supplier and vendor information, bid documents, product specifications, performance terms, etc. to use as future references as needed.
• Organize and manage semi-annual physical inventory, reconciling and reporting results.
• Negotiate with suppliers/vendors, evaluates bids, and selects suppliers/vendors based on price, delivery, quality, and service.
• Consults with department employees and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine a corrective action plan.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers and vendors to assist in building effective partnerships for the company.
• B.S degree in Business Administration, Materials Planning, or related field is preferred.
• Previous experience working with metals and raw materials in an industrial manufacturing environment.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in purchasing department or related position performing similar duties is preferred.
• Computer Literate in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Adobe. Working knowledge of Chain Management Supply (CMS) and Integrated Submission and Remittance Processing (ISRP) Software.
• Production and Processing – Knowledge of raw material, production process, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
• Strong negotiation and networking skills
• Ability to lead and motivate a team.
• Attention to Detail and Time Management Skills
• Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Collaboration – Builds constructive working relationships with clients/customers, other work units, and others to meet mutual goals and objectives. Behaves professionally and supportively when working with individuals from a variety of ethnic, social and educational backgrounds.
• Practical Thinking – The ability to make practical, common sense decisions; to see and understand what is happening in a common sense way.
• Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
• Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
• Adaptability – Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; approaches change positively and adjusts behaviors accordingly.
Engineering internships are available as business conditions allow
For employment information, please contact
our Human Resources Manager