CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPENINGS AT HE&M SAW
Click position title to move to position details
For employment information, please contact our Human Resources Manager
Position Title: Field Service Technicians
(States: AL, CA, PA, GA, MD, NC, TN, TX)
Purpose of Position: To support the operation of metal cutting bandsaws at customer plants.
- Service customers by providing on site preventive maintenance, equipment upgrades, warranty and general service calls.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance routines on customer’s equipment. Including disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required.
- Troubleshoot operational issues; adjusting, aligning and calibrating to standards.
- Utilize schematics, diagrams and technical manuals to restore operation
- Provide quality installation of new bandsaws and train customers in their operation
- Effectively communicate with sales, tech support, service manager and service coordinator
- Develop relationships with customers by effectively communicating, scheduling calls and exceeding their expectations
- Perform required administrative duties: maintain records, documentation and effectively plan work
- Experience in mechanical processes, hydraulics, and pneumatics with industrial machinery maintenance and repair.
- Ability to work out of your home.
- Ability to travel extensively
- PLC diagnostic troubleshooting experience helpful
- Factory training will be provided
Position Title: Industrial Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Purpose of Position: The Industrial Engineer; designs, develops, test, and evaluates integrated systems for managing industrial production processes, including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Coordinate and implement quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs.
- Design new equipment or materials or recommend revision to methods of operation, material handling, equipment layout, or other changes to increase production or improve standards.
- Test selected products at specified stages in the production process for performance characteristics or adherence to specifications.
- Compile and evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
- Study time, motion, methods, or speed involved in maintenance, production, or other operations to establish standard production rate or improve efficiency.
- Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas for management or engineering staff.
- Plan the flow of work or materials to maximize efficiency.
- Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Modify equipment or processes to improve resource or cost efficiency.
- Oversee or inspect production processes.
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Industrial Engineer.
- Experience in the creating technical documentation in a regulated environment is highly preferred
- Strong teamwork skills with a results oriented commitment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to stand, walk and climb to inspect equipment.
- Use of calipers and micrometers as needed
- Proficient using CAD, AutoCAD, and SOLIDWORKS software
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Information Gathering – Ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information.
- Planning and Organizing – Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines resources requirements; determines necessary sequences of activities needed to achieve goals.
Position Title: Sales Representative (OK, AR, KS, MO, NE )
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions with manufacturing; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Utilizes ACT software to access client information and track business.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on sales area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales.
Position Title: Production Welder
Performs journey-level welding in the fabrication of equipment parts, structures and other items. Performs related duties as assigned.
1. Cuts and/or joins metal parts in order to fabricate or repair parts / equipment. Using tools such as plasma cutter, mig welder, tig welder, arc welder, oxyacetylene torch, chop saw, grinder, drill press, clamps, and hand and power tools.
2. Designs and creates holding jigs to aid in the fabrication of parts in multiple numbers, using measuring devices, drawings, saw, and hand and power tools.
3. Maintains records of work completed in order to provide an accounting of activities in the welding shop.
4. Maintains inventory of supplies routinely used in the operation of the welding shop by inspecting stock and ordering goods as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
1. The characteristics and properties of various metals used in the cutting, forming and welding of objects.
2. The properties of various welding rods and fluxes used in welding metals.
3. Occupational hazards and safety precautions, practices and procedures of the welding trade and fleet shops.
4. Identifying and using proper hand and power tools in a safe manner.
5. The use of various types of equipment and tools common to the welding trade (e.g., mig welder, tig welder, oxyacetylene torch, arc welder, plasma cutter, saw, drill press, grinder, etc.).
6. Maintaining welding shop equipment in serviceable condition.
7. Calculate mathematical problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, division on a calculator to determine weights, measurements, time and quantities.
8. Follow detailed oral and written instructions in the fabrication and installation or repair of requested equipment.
9. Read and interpret blueprints or sketches in fabricating equipment and other articles.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
May be required to move items up to 50 pounds for distances of up to 10 feet without assistance. May be required to stand, stoop, bend, kneel and squat for extended periods of time. May be exposed to fumes or dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and moderate to loud noise levels. Must wear appropriate protective gear and clothing as necessary.
HE&M Inc., an international leader in metal cutting technology, is currently seeking a motivated individual for a Regional Sales Manager to represent our company on the West Coast.
Purpose of Position: The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for growing and developing business at all target accounts and prospects in a given geographic territory. The Regional Sales Manager resides and works in the territory and executes an annual sales plan they created to achieve corporate sales and product goals for their given territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains client relationships with regional and national accounts to ultimately drive revenue growth.
- Manage distributor business to grow and develop sales in the given territory.
- Work to be a team player with other Regional Sales Managers throughout the country.
- Report sales and distribution results in a given territory such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Develop and secure new accounts throughout the region including new distribution.
- Manage and grow sales within existing accounts in a given territory.
- Focuses on customer’s satisfaction, knows the customer’s business and workflows, develops proper contact network within accounts.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service by investigating problems; developing solutions with manufacturing; preparing reports; and making recommendations to management.
- Confer with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advise customers on types of equipment to purchase.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Visit franchised dealers to stimulate interest in establishment or expansion of leasing programs.
Skills: Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Results Driven, Negotiations, Performance Management, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Building Relationships, Motivation for Sales
- H.S. Diploma or GED is required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of successful outside sales/marketing experience
- Previous management experience in developing and supervising a sales and service organization is preferred
- Proficient knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite
Job Type: Full-time
Engineering internships are available as business conditions allow
For employment information, please contact
our Human Resources Manager